Search This Site:
Site Navigation:

French Châteaux homepage

Regions of France

Châteaux of Alsace (169)

Châteaux of Aquitaine (544)

Châteaux of Auvergne (466)

Châteaux of Basse-Normandie (302)

Châteaux of Bourgogne (523)

Châteaux of Bretagne (1142)

Châteaux of Centre (627)

Châteaux of Champagne-Ardenne (172)

Châteaux of Corse (14)

Châteaux of Franche-Comté (189)

Châteaux of Haute-Normandie (220)

Châteaux of Île-de-France (516)

Châteaux of Languedoc-Roussillon (420)

Châteaux of Limousin (206)

Châteaux of Lorraine (315)

Châteaux of Midi-Pyrénées (618)

Châteaux of Nord-Pas-de-Calais (154)

Châteaux of Pays de la Loire (789)

Châteaux of Picardie (280)

Châteaux of Poitou-Charentes (431)

Châteaux of Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur (289)

Châteaux of Rhône-Alpes (1115)

Chateau Links
Castles/Châteaux In Other Countries

Follow Us On Pinterest:

Château de Frégimont

Château de Frégimont
Château de Frégimont Photo - Jacques MOSSOT - Wikipedia - lic. under CC BY-SA 4.0



Castle Facts:

Location: Frégimont, Lot-et-Garonne departement of France (Aquitaine Region).
Built: 18th century.
Condition: Restored.
Ownership / Access: Owned by the Municipality.
ISMH Reference Number: PA00084124.
Notes: Château de Frégimont is a French château located in the commune of Frégimont. A first castle is quoted in the saisimentum, taking possession of the King of France on the lordships of the Count of Toulouse, in 1271, after the death of Alfonso de Poitiers and Jeanne, countess of Toulouse, without issue. The Lordship of Frégimont belongs to Montpezat Montpezat when Amanieu seized it in 1418. At the end of the seventeenth century it became the property of the family of Lusignan. In 1769 the manor was bought by Jean-Pierre Villate Lagrave, Bordeaux and lawyer notable. Jean-Pierre Villatte is married to Louise Secondat, granddaughter of Montesquieu. The castle was described as being in ruins, still with a tower serving jail, barn, stables, cellar, oven, sink and farmyard, surrounded by walls and ditches. The new lord built, around 1775, the current home in a conventional party, probably by an architect or engineer agenais after the destruction of the old castle. March 30, 1846, Jean-François Louis de Montesquieu Secondat sold the castle to the town making it the seat of the town hall and primary school. A restoration is conducted by architect Leopold Payen, in 1898, the work being done by Jean Dangas, mason Bazens. In 1899 there is a change of use of rooms, repairing the stairs, ceilings and roof. The castle was registered under the historic monument September 23, 2008.

Château de Frégimont Links:

Château de Frégimont On Wikipedia
DRAC Aquitaine : Château (Frégimont)
Visites en Aquitaine : Château de Frégimont

Have You Visited This Château? Please Comment Below:

Privacy Policy | Cookie Policy | GDPR