Château de Lasserre
Location: Lasserre, in the Lot-et-Garonne departement of France (Aquitaine Region).
Built: Between 1595 and 1602.
Ownership / Access: Privately owned.
ISMH Reference Number: PA00084150.
Notes: Château de Lasserre is a castle in Lasserre, in the department of Lot-et-Garonne. In 1259, Armand-Loup Lasserre and his brother Gerald pay homage to Alphonse de Poitiers, Count of Toulouse, for their possession of Bruch. Lasserre in 1487 belongs to Louis de Montagut. Catherine-de Montagut Bernarde, lady of La Serre, married April 16, 1570 Jean-Paul Esparbès Lussan and brings Lasserre. Lasserre has remained in the family of Esparbès Lussan until the eighteenth century. The castle was built between 1595 and 1602 by Jean-Paul Esparbès Lussan, Seneschal of Agen and Condom between 1604 and 1615 governor of Blaye. The castle became a property of the family of Narbonne-Pelet, and then it passes into the Digeon family Monteton by the marriage of Suzanne de Narbonne-Pelet, with Jean-Jacques Digeon Monteton, Earl of Monteton in 1754. Monteton The Digeon retained the castle until the extinction of this family in 1835 with the death of Philip Digeon Monteton. The castle passed by inheritance to Leopold Gervain who did restore the castle where he résidé. The castle was registered as a historical monument January 7, 1926.
Château de Lasserre Links:
Have You Visited This Château? Please Comment Below: