Search This Site:
Site Navigation:

French Châteaux homepage

Regions of France

Châteaux of Alsace (169)

Châteaux of Aquitaine (544)

Châteaux of Auvergne (466)

Châteaux of Basse-Normandie (302)

Châteaux of Bourgogne (523)

Châteaux of Bretagne (1142)

Châteaux of Centre (627)

Châteaux of Champagne-Ardenne (172)

Châteaux of Corse (14)

Châteaux of Franche-Comté (189)

Châteaux of Haute-Normandie (220)

Châteaux of Île-de-France (516)

Châteaux of Languedoc-Roussillon (420)

Châteaux of Limousin (206)

Châteaux of Lorraine (315)

Châteaux of Midi-Pyrénées (618)

Châteaux of Nord-Pas-de-Calais (154)

Châteaux of Pays de la Loire (789)

Châteaux of Picardie (280)

Châteaux of Poitou-Charentes (431)

Châteaux of Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur (289)

Châteaux of Rhône-Alpes (1115)

Chateau Links
Castles/Châteaux In Other Countries

Follow Us On Pinterest:

Château du Hâ

Château du Hâ
Château du Hâ Photo - Guiguilacagouille - Wikipedia - lic. under CC BY 3.0



Castle Facts:

Location: Bordeaux, in the Gironde departement of France (Aquitaine Region).
Built: 1454.
Condition: In good condition.
Ownership / Access: French State, General Council of the Gironde and its a Courthouse Bordeaux National School of Magistrates.
Notes: The Château du Ha, also known as Fort du Ha, is a former fortress of Bordeaux, the location of which are currently erected the Palace of Justice and the National School for Magistrates. It was built by decision of King Charles VII, immediately after the final resumption of Bordeaux to the English in 1453. Its two towers are listed as historic monuments April 12, 1965. In 1965, the two towers, castle ruins of Ha , are listed on the inventory of historical monuments. The June 12, 1967, the prison of Ha is removed for the new prison in Gradignan. Demolition work however only start late 1969. In March 1971, construction began on the new National School of Magistrates, which is solemnly inaugurated December 12, 1972 and the perimeter which incorporates two towers classified, one of them being used as a school library. In 1965, the two towers, castle ruins of Ha, are listed on the inventory of historical monuments. The June 12, 1967, the prison of Ha is removed for the new prison in Gradignan. Demolition work however only start late 1969. In March 1971, construction began on the new National School of Magistrates, which is solemnly inaugurated December 12, 1972 and the perimeter which incorporates two towers classified, one of them being used as a school library.

How To Get To Château du Ha (Map):

Château du Ha Links:

Château du Ha On Wikipedia

Have You Visited This Château? Please Comment Below:

Privacy Policy | Cookie Policy | GDPR