Château de Champforgeuil
Location: Champforgeuil, in the Saône-et-Loire departement of France (Bourgogne Region).
Built: During the French Revolution.
Condition: In good condition.
Ownership / Access: Private property.
Notes: Château de Champforgeuil is located in the town of Champforgeuil in Saône-et-Loire, near the parish church. We know he belonged to the bishops of Chalon since its construction until the Revolution. There is mention of the castle for the first time in 1268 and had a chapel. There is a long inventory of the Castle, dated May 7, 1598, prepared at the request of Bishop Cyrus Thiard bishop of Chalon, after its devastation during the wars of the League. 5 rounds of announcements are there, the keep and the other buildings, there remains today a gatehouse and only one main building. After the Revolution, the castle belonged to Musy from 1791 to 1894 and until 1890 the Monnier. Between 1909 and 2000 it is owned by the family Piffaut then the current owners Christophe and Edith Goubier. Currently, there remains the tower of the castle porch that adjoins a more recent circular tower and a great body, rectangular house. The outstanding elements are the coat of arms engraved on the lintels of the windows. The castle, private property can not be visited.
Château de Champforgeuil Links:
Have You Visited This Château? Please Comment Below: