Château du Creuzet
Location: Coust, in the Cher departement of France (Centre Region).
Built: 14th-18th century.
Condition: In good condition.
Ownership / Access: --
Notes: Château du Creuzet is a castle located in the town of Coust, in Cher in France.The Crozet was built by the family charentonnaise Chaillou (Chaillot - Chaillou) to 1350. Thus, William Armand Challeu is lord in 1277. Agnes is Challeu lady Croset in 1381. Jeanne Challeu takes for husband Erard Thianges (born to 1312). Therefore, the castle passed to the Thianges, capétienne offspring family, whose coat of arms reads "gold (or silver) with three tiercefeuilles reds". Their son, Philibert Thianges, husband of Alix de Sully, lady Blet is lord of Creuzet and Paray-le-Fresil in 1407. Their son, William Knight Banneret Thianges married Belle Enough Sully, widow to 1418.And their children Jean and Jacques, ordinary gentleman of the House of Roy, who erected the cross of Coust in 1472. He was lord of Creuzet and buxières-d'aillac in 1426, as well as Maultrait and Breuil. He took to wife Jeanne Turlin in 1429. Belle Enough Thianges, born about 1453, married Charles Villelume, lord of Roche-Othon. It therefore carries the name and arms of Thianges. In 1490, their son Hugues wife Peronnelle Grivel Grossouvre. Their son Denis is lord of Creuzet, Coust and Saint-Georges-sur-la-Prée. Its union in 1516 with Gabrielle Legroin La Villebouche born in 1534 Thianges Gabriel, Lord of Creuzet, died about 1590. Gabriel married Gilberte of Ages, lady Valigny (died about 1605). Their daughter Gabrielle is prioress of the Abbey of Our Lady of Bellavaux Charenton, Euchariste (born 1572, died 1686) is also religious in Charenton. Guy, Esquire, Lord Creuzet wife Gabrielle Ayme Rocks, giving it to Thianges son Francis, who became lord of Creuzet and takes Catherine Thianges, lady Cortelle and Coust wife. Dame Marie Rousset, daughter of a notary in Saint-Amand, born in 1685, is a widow of their son Gabriel, Esquire and lord of Creuzet 1715. She married then Leonardo Thianges1. The body of Marie Rousset was buried in the abbey of Bellavaux. In the sixteenth century, Thianges have a mansion in the town of Saint-Amand-Montrond, now located rue Porte de Bourges. Many were Knights of the Order of Malta. The stronghold of the Crucible and the lordship of Coust dependent Orval. Under the Restoration, The Creuzet becomes the property of Mr. Geoffrenet Full Fine, then became, following a sharing family, the possession of the family Corbin Mangoux. It is this family in the eighteenth century, erected two altars in the church Our Lady of Coust. All castral and farm hamlet are registered in the Inventory of Historical Monuments Cher by decree dated January 14, 2014.
Château du Creuzet Links:
Have You Visited This Château? Please Comment Below: