Château de Pompierre
Location: Pompierre, in the Vosges departement of France (Lorraine Region).
Built: 16th-19th century.
Condition: In good condition.
Ownership / Access: --
Notes: Château de Pompierre is a castle of the town of Pompierre west of the Vosges department in Lorraine. Castle Pompierre is built in 1741 for John the Baptist Lavaulx, Lord of Pompierre, Sartes, Courcelles and Dolaincourt, and his wife Anne Charlotte Françoise Sallet, lady Outrancourt, Mandre and Norroy. The construction date is listed on a foundation stone kept in the cellar. The castle is a big manor house, preceded by a garden with trees. The coat of arms of the counts of Lavaulx are present on the cartridge to the right of the front door, with the motto "All for love". Family Lavaulx is present in Lorraine since the fifteenth century. Its members had indeed lands Vrécourt, of Saint-Ouen-lès-Parey and Sommerécourt. They migrate to the French Revolution and the castle was bought by an ironmaster. It is currently subject to any registration or classification as historical monuments. The castle is rectangular on four levels with a basement, a ground floor and two floors, the second is under the roof. The main facade is oriented to the west. A rectangular arm is attached to the main building on the north facade.
Château de Pompierre Links:
Have You Visited This Château? Please Comment Below: