Château de Lasserre
Location: Béraut, in the Gers departement of France (Midi-Pyrenees Region).
Condition: In good condition.
Ownership / Access: Owned by a private company.
ISMH Reference Number: PA00094737.
Notes: Château de Lasserre was built in the department of Lot-et-Garonne.In 1259, Armand-Loup Lasserre and his brother Gerald pay homage to Alphonse de Poitiers, Count of Toulouse, for their possession of Bruch. Lasserre in 1487 belongs to Louis de Montagut. Catherine-de Montagut Bernarde, lady of La Serre, married April 16, 1570 Jean-Paul Esparbès Lussan and brings Lasserre. Lasserre has remained in the family of Esparbès Lussan until the eighteenth century. The castle was built between 1595 and 1602 by Jean-Paul Esparbès Lussan, Seneschal of Agen and Condom between 1604 and 1615 governor of Blaye. Before building the castle, Jean-Paul Esparbès Lussan bought the bishop of Condom in 1582 all rights he possessed in paréage with the king on the neighboring jurisdiction of Francescas. Then he purchased land around the castle site. To build his castle, Jean-Paul Esparbès Lussan appealed to a Parisian architect, Marin Valley. The castle is not the defensive as did a few decades ago, Blaise Monluc the castle of Estillac, but residential. The end of the religious wars in Agen takes place on 2 March 1595 by the surrender of Montpezat. The Parisian master mason submitted the specifications for structural work in January 1595 and he stayed at Lasserre from 1595 to November 1597. In 1596, he affixed the following inscription in the southwest pavilion.
Château de Lasserre Links:
Have You Visited This Château? Please Comment Below: