Search This Site:
Site Navigation:

French Châteaux homepage

Regions of France

Châteaux of Alsace (169)

Châteaux of Aquitaine (544)

Châteaux of Auvergne (466)

Châteaux of Basse-Normandie (302)

Châteaux of Bourgogne (523)

Châteaux of Bretagne (1142)

Châteaux of Centre (627)

Châteaux of Champagne-Ardenne (172)

Châteaux of Corse (14)

Châteaux of Franche-Comté (189)

Châteaux of Haute-Normandie (220)

Châteaux of Île-de-France (516)

Châteaux of Languedoc-Roussillon (420)

Châteaux of Limousin (206)

Châteaux of Lorraine (315)

Châteaux of Midi-Pyrénées (618)

Châteaux of Nord-Pas-de-Calais (154)

Châteaux of Pays de la Loire (789)

Châteaux of Picardie (280)

Châteaux of Poitou-Charentes (431)

Châteaux of Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur (289)

Châteaux of Rhône-Alpes (1115)

Chateau Links
Castles/Châteaux In Other Countries

Follow Us On Pinterest:

Château de Clavières

Château de Clavières
Château de Clavières Photo - Clichés Mabille, Laval — Le sanatorium de Clavieres sur le site web, Delcampe.net - Wikipedia - lic. under Public Domai



Castle Facts:

Location: Le Bignon-du-Maine, in the Loire-Atlantique departement of France (Pays de la Loire Region).
Built: 19th century.
Condition: --.
Ownership / Access: Louis Guays des Touches.
Notes: The Manoir de la Chesnelière is a building located in Saint-Christophe-du-Luat, France.The fortified gate and the building on its left are inscribed as historic monuments since December 10, 1927.The estate of Clavières was acquired in 1833 by Louis Guays des Touches, judge of Laval, married in 1827 to Reine Blanche Bucher de Chauvigne (1803-1868), he built a castle with a chapel there. His son Auguste Guays des Touches (1828-1874) bequeathed his castle of Clavières to the seminary of Laval in 1874, on condition that a daily Mass be celebrated in the chapel where his burial and those of his parents are. The brothers of Saint-Laurent-sur-Sèvre accepted in 1875 the proposal to establish a novitiate there, the castle becomes the house of studies of the brothers of St. Gabriel. In 1882, the novitiate was replaced by a juniorate, two bodies of buildings were added in 1891-1893, to receive a scholasticate there in 1896.

Château de Clavières Links:

Château de Clavières On Wikipedia

Have You Visited This Château? Please Comment Below:

Privacy Policy | Cookie Policy | GDPR