Search This Site:
Site Navigation:

French Châteaux homepage

Regions of France

Châteaux of Alsace (169)

Châteaux of Aquitaine (544)

Châteaux of Auvergne (466)

Châteaux of Basse-Normandie (302)

Châteaux of Bourgogne (523)

Châteaux of Bretagne (1142)

Châteaux of Centre (627)

Châteaux of Champagne-Ardenne (172)

Châteaux of Corse (14)

Châteaux of Franche-Comté (189)

Châteaux of Haute-Normandie (220)

Châteaux of Île-de-France (516)

Châteaux of Languedoc-Roussillon (420)

Châteaux of Limousin (206)

Châteaux of Lorraine (315)

Châteaux of Midi-Pyrénées (618)

Châteaux of Nord-Pas-de-Calais (154)

Châteaux of Pays de la Loire (789)

Châteaux of Picardie (280)

Châteaux of Poitou-Charentes (431)

Châteaux of Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur (289)

Châteaux of Rhône-Alpes (1115)

Chateau Links
Castles/Châteaux In Other Countries

Follow Us On Pinterest:

Château de Longsard

Château de Longsard
Château de Longsard Photo - Nesme — Travail personnel - Wikipedia - lic. under CC BY-SA 3.0



Castle Facts:

Location: Arnas, in the Rhône departement of France (Rhone-Alpes Region).
Built: 17th-18th century.
Condition: In good condition.
Ownership / Access: Owned by a private company.
ISMH Reference Number: PA69000035.
Notes: Château de Longsard is located in the village of Arnas, in the Rhône department. If the domain Longsard appears from the early 17th century, the property was built in the second half of the 18th century by Jean-Charles Marie de Brun, adviser to the king and master of Forestry in the province of Beaujolais. In 1780, the owner is Lord Pierre Verd de Longsard. Victor de Saint Amand, general farmer acquires the property and did make a plan in 1792 by Mr. Gilbert, surveyor. He will die guillotined on January 31, 1794. The property passed in 1835 to Pollalion family, Viscount Glavenas. It comprises 220 hectares at that time many vineyards. Monsieur Pollalion became mayor of Arnas and prominent member of the Horticultural Society of Lyon where he was one of the creators. The property consisted of five farms, where he introduces modern methods of cultivation. It makes changes in the castle on the outside, fitting blinds and replacing 18th-paned windows (of which there remain few). The interior refurbishment of the dining room with its wood paneling and wallpaper, and laying in the entrance of an Italian mosaic depicting the image of the Pollalion family. In 1891, Count and Countess Paul Fleurieu bought the castle remained in the family until August 1997. The current owners are the Olivier Count and Countess Alexandra du Mesnil du Buisson, multilingual and international, who lived nearly twenty years in countries as diverse as Nigeria, Spain, Brazil, England and the USA. The monument is the subject of a registration as a historic monument since November 5, 2007.

How To Get To Château de Longsard (Map):

Château de Longsard Links:

Château de Longsard On Wikipedia

Have You Visited This Château? Please Comment Below:

Privacy Policy | Cookie Policy | GDPR