Château de Franconville
Location: Saint-Martin-du-Tertre, in the Val-d'Oise departement of France (Ile-de-France Region).
Condition: In good condition.
Ownership / Access: Owned by the town.
ISMH Reference Number: PA00080196
Notes: Château de Franconville located in Saint-Martin-du-Tertre in the Val-d'Oise (France), is a copy of Maisons-Laffitte Castle which was the architect François Mansart.Built in the nineteenth century, it was listed historic monument by decree of December 4 1987objet an inscription as historical monuments since October 21, 1925.Franconville-aux-Bois has Francorumvillam composed of anthroponomy or Franco Francon and the suffix-villa. The name was originally applied to a small village probably created by the Franks during their invasions in the second half of the fifth century. His oldest written record is in a Hilduin charter dated 22 January 832, on the sharing of convent mense Abbey Saint-Denis. The village's name is changing to Franconville-aux-Bois sous-Bois according to documents, to differentiate it from Franconville-la-Garenne. A castle was established in the lordship of Franconville indefinitely. In 1331, the latter has 38 lights. During this same fourteenth century the lordship passes in the lap of the lords of Baillet. Jeanne Le Bayeux, Bayeux The daughter of Hutin and lady of Fresnes, Maillebois, Baillet-en-France (in part) and Franconville-aux-Bois brings through his marriage to Robert O VI, various manors in her purse husband, with among other Franconville-aux-Bois. In 1699, Gabriel-Claude O manages to erect his lordship marquisate. After his death in 1734, his daughter Genevieve Adelaide Felicity O, succeeded him; she is the wife of the 2nd Duke of Lauraguais. But the Marquise died August 26, 1735 while giving birth to her second son Antoine Buphile. His eldest son, the Earl of Lauraguais, can claim the title of Marquis of Franconville, this title is not transmitted by women, so it fell to the dogs. The count of Lauraguais leads high life; he mistresses, among others, Sophie Arnould, an excellent singer. He is forced to sell his lordships. Franconville-aux-Bois was acquired by the famous lawyer Pierre Jean Baptiste Gerbier of Massilaye in December 1769. In 1782, he destroyed the castle of O lords and rebuild it falsely attributed to the lords of subsequent O, that seen on a sepia postcard. Castle M. Gerbier will in turn destroyed by the Duke of Massa in 1876. Meanwhile, it was bought by Louis Aspais Amiot, secretary of the King, in 1788. He outline of the park, as still remains.
How To Get To Château de Franconville (Map):
Château de Franconville Links:
Have You Visited This Château? Please Comment Below: