Location: Allan, in the Drôme departement of France (Rhone-Alpes Region).
Built: 12th century.
Ownership / Access: --
Notes: The ruins of the old village of Allan (Drôme) and its castle overlooking the Rhone Valley, 6 km east of Montelimar.This village is no longer inhabited since 1907, the village is being installed in the plains in the 1830s. Everything begins in the twelfth century and is located in the fourteenth century the final extension of the village. A church was built in the early seventeenth century. The outer defensive arrangements date from the sixteenth to the eighteenth centuries. The main door topped by the location of the Lord's Arms was built in 1613. The village is surrounded by a wall pierced barry or 4 doors (La Fontaine, New Gate, Gate Monjoux, North Gate of the castle). It was owned by 3 great noble families who built castles 2: the Adhemar de Monteil, lords Montelimar the Valentino Poitiers (Poitiers and Allan) Saint-Auban Popes: in their offspring until Leriget Françoise Hippolyte La Faye, Marquise de La Tour-du-Pin Mautauban La Chaux who died in 1814 at the castle of Condé. In 1857, the village down, "Bégude" was declared one parish and community center: perched village life was very difficult, rocky paths, high; awkward communications: the progress was in the plain ... In 1878 were auctioned materials of the old town hall (town house) of the church of St. John the Baptist, cemeteries, etc. Since 1988, the association "Allan, stones and memory" undertook to revive this ancient village through clearing of site work, building walls, and organizing shows.
Village d'Allan Links:
Have You Visited This Château? Please Comment Below: